How Do I Pick the Right Licensed Insolvency Trustee for Me?
Choosing the correct insolvency trustee to help you file bankruptcy can be complicated and overwhelming.
When dealing with the emotional stress of debt it can be difficult to know where to turn.
You need the help of someone who can look past your situation and see the person who is having money problems.
When looking for a licensed insolvency trustee we suggest seeking a trustee who is:
- Well trained and educated (All of BankruptcyManitoba’s trustees are highly trained and experienced);
- Experienced and has a solid track record;
- Friendly and makes you feel comfortable.
Filing Bankruptcy or a Consumer Proposal is a Highly Emotional Event
When you actually file the bankruptcy paperwork or submit the proposal to your creditors you will be highly emotional.
It is important that you find a trustee that you are comfortable working with.
The trustee should also be experienced with dealing with the emotions you will be dealing with.
All of our trustees have a track record of treating clients with dignity and respect.
In addition, our trustees are all licensed by the Government of Manitoba to help an “honest but unfortunate debtor” find the correct solution to their money difficulties.
Choosing a Licensed Insolvency Trustee – Making You Feel Comfortable and Satisfied
The level of service provided by the Trustee is equally important.
All trustees can provide access to insolvency laws and the rights and protections the bankruptcy law provides.
However, you should seek an insolvency trustee that provides a high level of service.
When you are looking for a trustee ask yourself questions such as:
- When calling did a human answer my call or was I sent to voicemail?
- Does the trustee return my calls in a timely manner?
- Does the trustee meet with me, or am I met mostly by an employee of the firm?
A trustee that answers your questions in a timely manner and makes you feel taken care of will be a good choice to guide you through the bankruptcy or personal proposal process.
Choosing The Right Trustee For You
In addition to finding a trustee you feel comfortable with, you must ensure that the trustee is also a dedicated professional.
In order to feel confident that the trustee can provide you the right help with your debt situation make sure:
- The trustee provides you all of the information about all of the debt relief options to you, so you feel confident that s/he is the right debt relief professional;
Bankruptcy Manitoba’s trustees have helped people seeking bankruptcy help avoid bankruptcy;
- You are never pressured or coerced into following the trustee’s advice;
- The trustee takes the time to fully understand your situation and answers all of your insolvency related questions.
Choosing the right insolvency trustee is necessary to ensure the bankruptcy process goes smoothly.
It is important you feel comfortable working with your trustee.
The trustee needs to be helpful, compassionate and responsive to your concerns.
The trustee you choose will be guiding through one of the most challenging periods of your life.
Getting out of debt needs a dedicated effort.
If you would like assistance from a highly recommended trustee in your area please call us confidentially 24/7.